Please be advised that the following general Terms and Conditions apply to all tours and accommodations booked with Lapland Visit. Please also be advised that where regional circumstances and regulations, contractual obligations to suppliers, and matters relating to location, product type and supply logistics impact, these Terms and Conditions may as a result be slightly varied for specific tours or destinations. If so, these alterations and amendments are displayed in the Terms and Conditions sections of each tour, and should be read and considered in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions stated below.
- All travel arrangements and prices detailed on our website are provided and coordinated by Lapland Visit.
- Lapland Visit has taken due care and responsibility to verify and check all information on our web site as at the time of compilation, however, as this information is supplied by the relevant accommodation & tour/cruise operators in our brochures, it accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy or misdescription contained in the publications.
- Lapland Visit does not accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of those service providers in connections with your convention pursuant to a contract between them and yourselves and over whom we have no direct control. We do not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
- It is essential that you check with us, or your travel agent, for any changes or variations to the information shown on our web site. This will allow us to advise you, or your agent, of any such changes that we are aware of either before you book your holiday, or prior to your departure.
Terms and Conditions of Booking
Rates and Price Variations
We reserve the right to vary prices and rates in the event of changes in exchange rates or price rises made by wholesalers or other suppliers. All prices are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice.
Deposits via Bank Account & Credit Card: Bookings of €1000.00 or less, or bookings traveling within 45 days will be required to pay the full amount at the time of confirmation. Bookings over €1000.00 or traveling more than 45 days out will be required to pay a deposit of €150.00 per person at the time of confirmation. The appropriate amount will automatically be debited to the credit card provided or can be transferred into our bank account directly. Any booking not deposited with us by this time will automatically cancel without notification.
Deposit conditions for certain accommodation and tour products may vary, these are listed on the individual page. Bookings over Christmas and New Years (Festive Season) require a non refundable deposit of between €300.00 & €500.00, and final payment 60 days prior, as this it non refundable under any circumstances travel insurance is strongly recommended.
Final payment must be paid immediately when requested prior to travel date. No vouchers will be issued until final payment is received. Final payment conditions for certain accommodation and tour products may vary, these are shown on the individual pages.
Payment Processing Terms & Conditions:
Your bank or credit card provider may apply currency conversion fees.
Standard Cancellation Policy:
- Deposited bookings cancelled 31 or more days prior to travel – the €150.00 per person deposit is non-refundable.
- 30 – 8 days prior to the tour starting date – 70% of the total tour price but not less than €250.00 per person to be charged.
- 7 days and less (“NO SHOW”) prior to the tour starting date – 100% of the total tour price to be charged.
Special conditions for some package tours:
- Winter tours with the start date between 20 December and 10 January every year
- €400.00 per each booked room included in the tour package is non refundable. This condition is applied from the booking date (the date when you booked the tour and paid deposit).
- 30 – 8 days prior to the tour starting date – 70% of the total tour price but not less than €450.00 per person to be charged.
- 7 days and less (“NO SHOW”) prior to the tour starting date – 100% of the total tour price to be charged.
Cancellations must be in writing and should be addressed to the consultant handling the booking.
Special Cancellation Conditions:
Certain accommodation and tour products will apply additional cancellation charges. These cancellation conditions and costs are located under the pricing on the individual pages and will be clearly advised to you in writing at time of booking.
Any amendments made to confirmed bookings will incur a fee; bookings of a value up to €1000.00 a fee of €25.00, bookings of a value over €1000.00 a fee of €50.00. The fees are charged per amendment. This is in addition to any fees that may be levied by the supplier or airline.
Any amendment of the travel dates can be made by canceling the initial reservationand booking of a new tour. In this case cancelation fees mentioned above will be applied.
Credit Card Chargeback Fees:
Any fees charged to Lapland Visit by our credit card payment provider arising from a chargeback or a disputed charge on the cardholder’s credit card will be charged to the cardholder. This fee is non-refundable.
Change Of Itinerary After Holiday Has Commenced:
Any alteration or cancellation of services after your holiday has commenced can incur penalties. There is no refund for unused services.
All refund requests must be in writing, and made direct to us or through the Agent from whom the travel arrangements were purchased. Claims must be made within 10 days of completion of travel arrangements.
Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather or illness or any other force majeure circumstances like acts of God, war, terrorism, insurrection, civil commotion, destruction of production facilities or materials by earthquake, fire, flood or storm, labor disturbances (including strikes or lockouts), epidemic or failure of public utilities. These must be claimed through your travel Insurance. No refunds will be made for services once travel arrangements have commenced. No guarantee is provided or warranted that any refund will be available.
Reporting of Incidents:
Any abnormal incidents including injuries, service problems, cancellation of a service or dissatisfaction must be reported to Lapland Visit during the event to allow us an opportunity to rectify the situation or provide assistance.
Payment Service Provider
PayPal acts as a collecting payment service provider and is an authorized Payment Institution. PayPal will be shown as the recipient on your bank or credit card statement. PayPal will forward the payment to the merchant. For reclamations, please contact the website the payment was made to.
Online Bank Payments. PayPal provides real-time bank transfer services in co-operation with Bank of America. For consumers, the service works the same as traditional online payment methods.
General Travel Insurance:
It is extremely important that you take out Travel Insurance. It is ESSENTIAL that this insurance covers you for involuntary cancellation of your holiday including airfare(s).
Accommodation is as specified in the accommodation section of our web sites. All costs are shown in Euro (€), unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to offer alternative accommodation of a similar standard in the case the accommodation operator overbooks their property or for any reason beyond our control. All rates are subject to change without notice. Not all properties provide instant availability and in these cases Lapland Visit checks availability once we receive the booking request.
Airfares show instant availability and fares at the time of quoting however we will not proceed with booking flights until your accommodation is confirmed. This is to avoid strict fees charged by airlines for flight amendments. This may result in fare and/or availability changes.
Check In / Check Out Times:
These vary according to hotels. Generally your accommodation check in is 2 pm and check out 12 am. Please note that most properties will require a credit card authorisation on check-in and may need to see photo identification. In the instance that you don’t have a credit card usually a cash bond will be required.
Are based on our own inspections and some in conjunction with existing international ratings.
Group And Incentive Travel:
As group and conference rates are specially contracted rates specific for that particular group, they have different terms and conditions to standard holidays. If you are booking a group or incentive, please ensure that these conditions are explained to you.
All maps, photographs, illustrations and computer based graphics are included for general purposes only and are not always indicative of the subject matter. Hotel room photographs (graphics) may not be specific to the actual room occupied. Maps are not to scale.
Inclusions and Exclusions
Prices DO Include:
Accommodation, transfers, tours/cruises, car hire, government taxes and any other inclusions as specified in writing on the relevant web pages for each suppliers product.
Prices DO NOT Include:
Any costs incurred en route to and from the destination, meals (unless specified), alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, items of a personal nature, and personal services not specified as being included in costs on the relevant web pages for each suppliers product.
The copyright on all original/custom artwork, maps, navigation elements, presentation methods and design elements included in our web sites is held exclusively by Lapland Visit.
Photographic images are reproduced with the permission of Lapland Visit and the product and/or service providers represented on the web site, or as shown where necessary to satisfy the copyright obligations associated with their electronic reproduction.
Where joint copyright is held over proprietary text or images, Lapland Visit reserves the right to pursue all copyright infringements on behalf of the primary copyright holder. Where the copyright for a photographic image is held exclusively by a third party under license, Lapland Visit reserve the right to vigorously protect the copyright of those images on behalf of the third party.
All HTML files used in Lapland Visit web sites are declared to be proprietary software product developed for use by Lapland Visit only, and as such are subject to international intellectual property conventions.
All custom graphics used are declared to be works of art created for use by Lapland Visit only, and as such are subject to international intellectual property conventions. Image files, HTML documents, and text files are not to be relocated to another server, or duplicated for commercial purposes without the excess written permission of Lapland Visit.